Custom Folder Guidelines
Guidelines If You Submit Press-Ready Material
If sending material press-ready, all text and artwork must fit within the yellow areas indicated on the templates below. To assist you, we provide pre-built Microsoft® Word templates. This material should be typeset with no alterations. Your pages are ready to print as is. Do NOT fax material since faxes look grainy. See Artwork Guidelines.
Guidelines If School Mate® Must Typeset Your Material
We will typeset text in 9-point Helvetica type and resize to fit if too long.
- For back cover: Submit approximately 1 page of single-spaced, 9 pt. typed text (900 words maximum).
- For handbook (area above pockets): For each side, submit approximately 1/2 page of single-spaced, 9 pt. typed text (450 words maximum).
- For pockets: For each pocket, submit approximately 1/3 page of single-spaced, 9 pt. typed text (300 words maximum).
Artwork Guidelines - Folder Material
- Tip 1: Submit a clear, sharp copy of your school mascot. DO NOT FAX IT. For your convenience, you can choose a mascot from our mascot library.
- Tip 2: Artwork MUST be black line drawings on white paper. Artwork with gray shading, pencil, marker, or crayon drawings does not print well.
- Tip 3: Submit artwork as close to desired size as possible. Reducing may result in loss of quality and enlarging may magnify imperfections.
- Tip 4: Do not submit artwork from photocopies or newspaper copy, as this material does not print well.
- Tip 5: Send artwork flat, protected with heavy cardboard. If you have a digital file, please submit material online.
If our specifications are not followed, School Mate® is not responsible for poor print quality.